…an approach that provides Access, Connections, Knowledge and Empowerment to all women as a means to optimal health. Our ultimate goal is that ALL women have healthcare answers that they can understand. We support and encourage system changes that embrace this NEW patient-centered, woman-centered approach and we provide information and training regarding such changes.
Commonsense childbirth – an idea whose time has come!
Founder Jennie Joseph is building a network of support to transform maternity care in the USA. Be a part of the change, be a part of the movement – stand for mothers and babies right now. Your participation is critical. Thank you !
We realize there are different capacities in which people are able to contribute~ Every little bit counts, as we all have an important part to play.
Why not educate yourself about why babies are dying. Ask the question, is it possible that many marginalized people are living with ‘post traumatic stress disorder’ due to a continual series of traumatic events? Could it be that this is contributing to the poor health outcomes that have become the norm for certain members of our society, particularly mothers and babies?
- Share with others you come in contact with about these issues
- Find out about your local statistics and what the rates are in your area
- Consider attending a MCH Specialist training course and learn how to spot maternally toxic areas in your community.
- Get on our mailing list so you can be connected to what we are doing.
PERINATAL SAFE SPOTS
We are opening our second Perinatal Safe Spot in Central Florida for women in West Orlando who are at risk of having a low birth weight or premature infant, or developing high-risk conditions in their pregnancy. Your donations will help support the following needs for women attending the Easy Access Women’s Health clinic in Pine Hills. Thank you so much, your generosity supports access to healthy pregnancies and babies for ALL women, and is tax-deductible.
- Prenatal or breastfeeding education workbook
- Prenatal vitamins
- One hour of prenatal education
- Provides a 1.5 hr comprehensive breastfeeding consult to a mother and baby in need
- One hour of psychosocial counseling
- Doula stipend for labor support for low income mom
- Helps up to 10 women receive one hour education classes
- Helps 3 mothers receive breastfeeding consultations
- Sponsor a MCH Student that otherwise wouldn’t be able to become trained on how to spot toxic hot spots and how to create safe spots in her area.
- Helps up to 10 moms receive psychosocial support
- Helps 4-7 moms receive breastfeeding support/consults
- Full or partial scholarship to train a community health worker to meet needs in her community
- Partial /full fee to provide prenatal care to a mommy in need.
- Partial/full scholarship to train a Community Outreach Perinatal Educator