Commonsense Childbirth Inc. (CSC) 501(c) 3 non-profit organization was founded in 1998 by Jennie Joseph who has dedicated her life to helping women and families have better birth experiences. Over the years Jennie’s work has grown beyond the birth room. She speaks nationally and internationally sharing her positive outcomes on low birth weight, prematurity, infant mortality, and maternal mortality rates that remain particularly high in minority and disenfranchised populations in the United States.
We believe that all women deserve a healthy pregnancy, birth and baby!
Our mission is to inspire change in maternal child health care systems worldwide; to re-empower the birthing mother, father, family and community by supporting the providers, practitioners and agencies that are charged with their care.
“When the front desk operates as an ‘open-door triage’ there is no barrier to prenatal care. You are eligible for all services simply because you are pregnant and you have expressed a need. NO ONE IS TURNED AWAY regardless of ability to pay” ~ Jennie Joseph, Executive Director
Created to provide an environment for healthy pregnant women to deliver with freedom of movement and be an active participant in their care. This family-centered, holistic model is the future of birth in the USA. Our Florida birthing center is in Winter Garden.
NO ONE IS TURNED AWAY! Prenatal care is critical for the health and wellbeing of mom and baby. In a time where costs are rising and maternity insurance hard to acquire, our Easy Access Clinic is a proven solution. We also provide additional help with applying for Medicaid and health navigation services for pregnant women.
Created to provide accessible and affordable women’s health care for pregnant and pre- pregnant or inter-conceptional women who are uninsured, underinsured, low-income or indigent and are at-risk for poor health outcomes due to having no medical home. Easy Access Clinic -The JJ Way® Pine Hills
The goal of The JJ Way® is to eliminate racial and class disparities in perinatal health and improve birth outcomes for all. Key objectives of The JJ Way® are for pregnancies to reach a gestation of 37 weeks or greater and for newborns to have a birth weight of 5 lbs. 8 oz or greater, for women (and their families) to bond well to their babies and to start and succeed at breastfeeding. The JJ Way’s innovative model builds on the strengths of the Midwives Model of Care to reach a population that does not typically seek midwifery services. Click here for more information
The Task Force is
- A virtual community of people who have a heart for women and children
- A grassroots movement to start and grow thriving Perinatal Safe Spots in every Materno-Toxic Area
- Motivated people who have heard about the outrageous statistics and the stark racial disparities and want to see real change, real soon.
- People who understand that the system is broken and want to make a practical difference in the health outcomes for our most at-risk mothers and babies
- A place to share ideas – what’s working, what’s not
- A place to find support – this network is to support YOU in directly supporting women and families or directly supporting the workers on the ground