Be Alert for Signs of Preterm Labor
- Contractions of the uterus - that are less than 10 minutes apart (6 or more contractions in an hour), that may be painless or may feel like the baby is "balling up".
- Cramps like those with your period - that come and go, or that don’t go away.
- Cramps in the abdomen or stomach - with or without diarrhea.
- Increase or change in vaginal discharge - watery or with mucus or blood.
- Low, dull backache - that comes and goes, or that doesn’t go away.
- Pressure - that feels like the baby is pushing down; comes and goes.